The FISU Student Ambassadors’ role is to serve as an important link between FISU and student communities in the countries where FISU is present and help to raise awareness about the University Sport Movement among students.
Following taking part in the FISU Volunteer Leaders Academy participants are appointed as FISU Student Ambassadors and are tasked with creating individual action plans, to plan and deliver relevant and specific activity together with their NUSF or CUSF to support the development of university sport in their home country or continent.
FISU Student Ambassadors promote the events organised by FISU, its Continental University Sports Federations and National University Sports Federations through social media and contribute to the organization of different activities throughout the year including the International Day of University Sport.
Among others, the role of the FISU Students Ambassadors includes acknowledging the importance of University Sports as a tool for promoting peace, cohesion and unity, to spread the word about FISU and further encourage all students to be actively involved in sports and volunteering activities while simultaneously promoting gender equality and tolerance.
FISU Student Ambassadors: Facts & Figures
- Numbers: over 500 Student Ambassadors
- Reach: more than 123 National University Sports Federations and 5 Continental University Sports Federations
- Frequency: every year since 2018
- Participants: students (under 25 years old) from all over the world that participated at the FISU Volunteer Leaders Academy
- Discover the FISU Student Ambassadors and follow them for latest news @fisuambassadors