1. News
  2. /
  3. FISU Healthy Campus
  4. /
  5. First-ever Chinese University Healthy Campus challenge successfully held
Navigation :

01 July 2022 | in FISU Healthy Campus

First-ever Chinese University Healthy Campus challenge successfully held

The first-ever Chinese University Healthy Campus Challenge was held online from 13 December 2021 to 26 June 2022.


Almost half a million students, teachers and administrative staff from 351 universities located in 30 local provinces, municipalities and automous regions participated in the 182-day contest launched by the Federation of University Sports of China (FUSC). They recorded an overall frequency of more than 10 million physical acts.


Being health-oriented and centered on people on campus, the event aimed at establishing a healthy campus evaluation system, involving more universities and participants, further enhancing the well-being of campus communities as well as  improving the management capacities of universities.


The results of the challenge are mainly (80%) based on the frequency of the physical acts required from the participants – with no location nor time limit – while the rest (20%) is an evaluation of the healthy campus standards of the participating universities.


Other highlights of the event included FUSC-commissioned unique lectures by 30 experts in areas such as injuries and rehabilitation in sport, nutrition, medical care or emergency treatment, as well as exchange sessions with Health Ambassadors.


FUSC definitely wants to promote the FISU Healthy Campus concept and progamme nationwide and attract more Chinese universities to it.